Roche and Foundation Medicine are committed to bringing about a new era of personalised healthcare in oncology
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics and is focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. The combined strengths of both pharmaceuticals and diagnostics are putting Roche at the forefront of personalised healthcare. The World Health Organisation Model Lists of Essential Medicines provides details of the minimum medicine needs for a basic healthcare system, by reviewing the scientific evidence for the comparative effectiveness, safety and cost-effectiveness of the medicines in question. 32 medicines developed by Roche are included as part of this list, including life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. is leading a transformation in cancer care, where each patient’s treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease.2–4 The team at Foundation Medicine, Inc. comprises a passionate group of experts in genome technology, cancer biology, clinical oncology and information science. The team is also supported by leaders in business development and commercialisation. As part of our long-standing commitment to pioneering progress in precision medicine, molecular insights leader Foundation Medicine, Inc. has become a member of the Roche Group.5
The collaboration of Roche and Foundation Medicine, Inc. leverages both companies’ strengths in molecular and genetic information to:5
- Increase understanding of tumours and provide insights on clinical trials, enabling smarter and more efficient research and development
- Improve patient care by utilising genomic insights, which can inform the use of immunotherapies, identify alternative treatment options and identify potential clinical trial opportunities
- Advance the progress of personalised oncology medicine and the future of diagnostic solutions
Roche Products Limited is the sole licensed distributor of Foundation Medicine, Inc. products in the United Kingdom. Services include FoundationOne® CDx for solid tumours and FoundationOne® Liquid for liquid biopsy testing in solid tumours.
*Priority conditions are selected on the basis of current and estimated future public health relevance, and potential for safe and cost-effective treatment.1
RXUKRFMI00100 November 2019
- World Health Organization. WHO Model List of Essential Medicines, 20th List. August 2017.
- Frampton GM, et al. Nat Biotechnol. 2013;31:1023–1031.
- Drilon A, et al. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21:3631–3639.
- Suh JH, et al. Oncologist. 2016;21:684–691.
- Roche. Media Release. Roche and Foundation Medicine reach definitive merger agreement to accelerate broad availability of comprehensive genomic profiling in oncology. Basel, 19 Jun 2018.